NCCCO Mobile Crane Operator Training Course
In August 2010, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) updated federal regulations about crane use. Before, certification was optional unless required by your employers or your local government. Now, it is the national standard for most cranes with 2,000 pound capacities.
The National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) is a testing organization that is both nationally recognized and internationally accredited. If you are certified by NCCCO for mobile crane operation, then you meet OSHA’s requirements and can legally work as a mobile crane operator anywhere in the nation.
What Does the Course Cover?
American Equipment can train you or your employees to prepare for the NCCCO mobile crane certification course. We take pride in our small class sizes and the high pass rate of our students. We offer courses in UT, WY, CO, and NV.
Students can pick up to four specialties within NCCCO mobile crane certification. The options include:
- Lattice boom crawler (LBC) cranes
- Lattice boom truck (LBT) cranes
- Telescopic boom cranes—swing cab (TLL)
- Telescopic boom cranes—fixed cab (TSS)
- Boom truck cranes—fixed cab (BTF)
Each of these will increase your or your employees’ knowledge and skill level.
Mobile crane operator training covers working with and inspecting this kind of crane. Students will learn many skills, including the following:
- OSHA and ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) standards
- Daily crane inspections
- Safe overhead crane operations
- Proper slings usage, including determining the sling tension
- Basic rigging inspection and techniques
American Equipment teaches this course in two days, with one day for the exam. The test includes a written portion and a practical portion. We will come to your location, making the process easier for you.
What Are the Course Requirements?
You do not have to have any experience to qualify for this course. However, if you are looking into this certification, you do need to meet some qualifications, including the following:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have good depth perception and color vision.
- You must have a normal reaction time.
- You must be healthy: the test includes some tasks that require strength and coordination. Additionally, you cannot have a physical or mental condition that could cause you to lose control of the crane, such as vertigo or epilepsy.
- You must pass a drug test.
If you can pass these requirements, you are welcome to take this course. If you pass, the certification will last five years, and it is valid in all 50 states.
Are You Ready to Take This Course?
If you’re ready to increase your skill set and take our mobile crane operator course, give us a call at 1-888-299-0896.